Hello,

I have quit a few amd64 systems to install, hopefully
mostly unattended. I'm looking for a way to install quick and simple
workstations running kde. All will have (boot, root and swap partitions only).
They can be updated to current, individually. later.

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Install_LiveDVD_11.2_to_hard_disk_drive

So the best guide I have found is this one for the
livedvd 11.2.  Any modifications for the
livedvd-amd64-multilib-20121221.iso version?

Grub-2, udev, and some other changes may make following
this 11.2 guide, problematic?

I wanted to do these installs with ZFS and this is the
best guide?

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ZFS

I suspect there is way to dd an image right to a
(pre-formatted) hard drive just like you would a flash drive?

suggestions and comments are welcome.