On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 2013-02-10 15:41, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>> Am 2013-02-10 11:35, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>>
>>> I can live with that so far ... but it would be interesting to get that
>>> right, just to learn things.
>
> next learnings (I maybe should write some wiki-entry somewhere to
> collect all that for others ...):
>
> systemd and acpid and Gnome all try to handle suspending my thinkpad to
> RAM ... it seems.
>
> So I get the behavior that it suspends fine when I close the lid but
> when I open it again I get an immediate suspend *again* ... I then tried
> to disable acpid completely, same behavior.
>
> I also cleaned up /etc/acpi and re-installed acpid to get default behavior.
>
> "systemctl suspend" from the shell (without that lid-event) works fine
> and resumes correctly.
>
> Interesting ;-)
>
> I already noticed that there are parameters to let systemd ignore the
> various acpi-events (haven't yet tested that) but I would prefer to let
> systemd handle suspend and resume.
>
> -
>
> Canek, do you run systemd on a laptop as well?

Yep, had the same problem, solved with:

LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=no

in /etc/systemd/logind.conf. Since then it has happened again maybe a
couple of times (I have no idea why), but most of the time (and I'm
talking above 99%), it works as intended.

These options are pretty new, I think they went live after GNOME 3.6,
so I hope that with GNOME 3.8 we will be able to comment that line
again and everything will work automagically.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México