On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Joerg Schilling
<joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> At that time it turned out, that Linus does not seem to be able to understand
> what changes may break an interface. The real problem however was that he was
> not willing to fix his fault, so we can definitely call this case (from Spring
> 2004) a break by intention.

You are totally confusing between stable user space interfaces and
unstable kernel interfaces.
Kernel is allowed to evolve without legacy and breaking whatever
needed in order to be in better shape. Whoever writes external module
should merge it into mainline or rebase every release.