A new useflag, tinfo, has been added for ncurses.  I would have
expected ncurses not to be rebuilt when I specify --changed-use, but
portage does want to rebuild it.  This isn't causing me any problem,
but I'd like to understand what's going on.  I guess I should note that
I'm using portage-2.1.11.50 and that I'm one of those hardheads who has
USE="-*" in make.conf.  I currently have ncurses-5.9-r2 installed with
USE="cxx gpm static-libs unicode -ada -debug -doc -minimal -profile
-trace".

$ emerge -pvuD --changed-use @world

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] sys-libs/ncurses-5.9-r2:5  USE="cxx gpm static-libs
unicode -ada -debug -doc -minimal -profile -tinfo% -trace" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB