On 20/03/13 06:01, 木叶 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm suffering screen tearing when moving windows around, watching
videos, and some other situations. I've tried almost all popular desktop
environments, including KDE, gnome(both traditional gnome 2 and new
gnome 3), and xfce, the issue always exists except in gnome 3. For the
main difference between these window managers, is gnome 3's window
manager (mutter) is based on opengl, I think there may be some problems
with my card's 2D acceleration. But'cat /proc/mtrr' shows everything is
well.
My graphical card is Nvidia Geforce GT240M, and I'm using the official
Nvidia drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Any
help much appreciated!

Yes. Enable VSync and the issue goes away. I use KDE and the setting is in System Settings, Desktop Effects, "Advanced" tab ("Use VSync" checkbox.)