In the recent thread "system freezes during compiles", Carlos Henderson showed
the output of $(sensors), among them the output of the k10temp-pci-00c3.

I stopped trusting that sensor. After some hours of idle, it shows me:

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1:        +16.8°C  (high = +70.0°C)
                       (crit = +70.0°C, hyst = +67.0°C)

16.8°C is roughly 4°C _below_ the room temperature. If I'd boot to Windows
right now, the mainboard-manufacturer's system utility shows a CPU temperature
of 25°C (which is more or less the usual value it shows for Windows when
idle).

My CPU is:

processor       : 5
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 1
model name      : AMD FX(tm)-6200 Six-Core Processor
stepping        : 2
microcode       : 0x6000626

running on an Asrock mainboard (Kernel is a gentoo-3.8.1-r1).

My question to the list is: Could this strange temperature be realistic? Does
anyone have similar observations with AMD-Bulldozers?

Sascha