Hi,

today I realized on a gentoo-box after upgrading with

eix-sync && emerge --keep-going -avutND @world
revdep-rebuild
emerge -avc (--depclean)

eclean-dist  said:

The following unavailable installed packages were found:
 app-text/build-docbook-catalog-1.4
 app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets-1.75.2
 virtual/perl-ExtUtils-Command-1.170.0-r2 ...distfile name(s) not known/saved
 virtual/perl-File-Temp-0.220.0-r1 ...distfile name(s) not known/saved
 virtual/perl-Test-Simple-0.980.0-r1 ...distfile name(s) not known/saved

After upgrading 2 of them manually I got this fixed with:

"emerge --complete-graph=y --with-bdeps=y --keep-going -avutND @world"

Question:

Sins I do this with a script which I start manually, should I just always
go with

"--complete-graph=y --with-bdeps=y"

or are there disadvantages (like more blocks and unsolved dependencies,
apart from taking time)?

I just try it out, but would like to know about your experience with it.

In the beginning I just used first "emerge -avu @world"
and after that I ran it with "--deep" and "--newuse" when I changed
use-flags. From time to time the options I used got more...

Greetings
Michael