On 31/03/13 at 12:41pm, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Googled and can't seem to find an answer to this...
>
> I've had FEATURES="buildpkg" for some time on my system, so I already
> have udev-171-r10 quickpkg'd...
>
> But for the life of me, I can't seem to find instructions for how to
> convert /usr/portage/packages/sys-fs/udev-171-r10.tbz2 to an ebuild that
> I can then add to my local overlay...
>
> Can this be done with the quickpkg command, or some other portage
> tool/command? Or do I have to
>
> Anyone know how to do this?
>
> I'm basically using this udev event to learn a little about how quickpkg
> works, so, since udev-171 is no longer in the portage tree, I want to
> convert my quickpkg of it to an ebuild in my local overlay so my mask
> will work again... then I'll back everything up, and do the update to
> udev...

Although that is sort of possible that's not how your supposed to use binary
packages with portage. What you need to do is add the original ebuild for
udev-171 to your local overlay as is. Then run emerge using the -g
option see man emerge. For more info on bin packages see

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide

--

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
                -- Mark Twain