The problem with eudev is that we are using the hardened profile and not sure
if it is part of our source tree. Right now, I just would like to
pinpoint this stubborn
little issue....

I just wanted to mention that name did not change. ifconfig eth0 still pulls up
the interface, and same for ifconfig lo etc... /udev/rules/70-something looks
on the up and up, and same with /sys/class/eth0/1....

Think the security guard outside would not appreciate having me smash
this sticky keyboard in a room full of humming servers? ;)... I'm just being
silly.....