On Saturday 20 Apr 2013 03:04:30 Joseph wrote:
> On 04/20/13 01:13, Steven J. Long wrote:
>
> [snip]

> I am a holiday updater every second month or so; so at time to time I
> something get screw up and I got caught in between. I was looking blindly
> as I didn't really know what to look for. I turn out it was a problem with
> recent gtk+ package.

Usually portage is very good at the package versions it offers and as long as
you don't mix stable and testing trees too much you should have a working
system most of the time.

I just resync'ed and can see that app-text/poppler-0.22.2-r2 is stable:
~ $ eix -l app-text/poppler
[I] app-text/poppler
     Available versions:
      (0/35)
                0.22.2-r2               [cairo cjk curl cxx debug doc
+introspection +jpeg
jpeg2k +lcms png qt4 tiff +utils]
      (0/36)
        ~       0.22.3          [cairo cjk curl cxx debug doc +introspection
+jpeg jpeg2k
+lcms png qt4 tiff +utils]
     Installed versions:  0.22.2-r2(0/35)(10:09:38 03/23/13)(cairo cxx
introspection jpeg lcms png qt4 tiff utils -cjk -curl -debug -doc -jpeg2k)
     Homepage:            http://poppler.freedesktop.org/
base

I do not know why want to revert to a previous version, but if you must then
the advice about using an ebuild from attic is what you should follow.

> I'm not sure if building binary is a solution for me.

Building a binary of already installed package(s) was offered as an option in
case you want to revert to a previous version, *without* having to use a local
overlay, or having to remerge an older version.

--
Regards,
Mick