On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:34:38 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:

> > So - first, is 5G way too big for the two /tmp dirs? I have lots of
> > space, but hate waste
> >

> If you worry about waste consider bind-mounting both from the same
> partition and install quotas to avoid one filling up the other.

Or set PORTAGE_TMPDIR to use /tmp. Then /var/tmp will be so small you
can leave it as a sub-directory of /var.

If this is a server, 5G is fine for this, but for a desktop it may need
to be bigger, to accommodate LibreOffice builds.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 01A: Operating system overwritten - Please reinstall all your
software. We are terribly sorry.