On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> Can't get to see dmesg, the system locked up tight.
>
> I can create an ext4 fs on a different partition, and since the 'disk' is
> actually a RAID array, if the array is going south, I should see the same
> problem with ext4, right?

I am guessing that mkreiserfs happens to touch parts of the disk that
mke2fs doesn't, and that the system hangs because the disk becomes
unresponsive. I will predict that mkntfs, which by default zeroes out
the partition, will fail similarly?
--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [x] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no