On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Yuri K. Shatroff <yks-...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> On 26.04.2013 19:41, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Yuri K. Shatroff <yks-...@yandex.ru>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the end, I humbly believe it's up to me to judge what effect there is
>>> for
>>> me on my computers.
>>

>> Yes, that's exactly the point. Scroll up and reread this thread,
>> though, and you'll get the impression that some complainers seem to
>> think that Lennart is breaking into their systems and magickally
>> installing his 175-year old software in them. What's this about 100%
>> of the users being "forced" to have pulseaudio in?
>

> Yes, being.
> I don't know if Lennart writes great code (doesn't seem like that though)
> but what I can see is that he never asks what people need. He forces his
> self-righteous software upon us as a sole alternative. Instead of first
> creating (at least talking over) protocols which are (no need to explain
> why) better, he creates a proggy which aims to be all-powerful all-solving
> (including adobe flash's bugs) and probably to conquer all the world.
> I don't know again. That's the impression. Maybe there's one who knows
> better. But AFAICT all (really) great software talks protocols and
> standards. In Lennart's works, I don't see any.
> And that said, yes, I'm being forced. Gradually it all goes for us all to
> have to have his works installed everywhere. Someone's justifying this by
> "the needs of 1% users", the other one by "the ease to maintain one library
> instead of a lot", the next one by it being brand new -- regardless. It's
> kinda mass psychosis. Whatever you say if not "it's great", you get: "oh,
> again you with your criticism of lennart"? "I have *** installed and it
> works, and you are kinda dumb yourself" etc.
> It doubtlessly greatly assists in inclining my point of view towards
> installing lennart's stuff, yeah.

You do realize that Lennart hasn't been the maintainer of PulseAudio
since *BEFORE* the 1.0 release? And that now it has in fact many
contributors, and they just released 3.0 in December and are getting
ready to release 4.0? And that systemd/udev has dozens of
contributors, from (basically) all the distributions, and that several
of them are kernel developers?

You may not like the *design* of the stuff, but you certainly can't
complaint about the *quality* of it.

You are not being forced to anything: in the worst case you can patch
all the programs you use, the code is out there.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México