Ok, another little thing...

Is there a simple way to use date/time variables in cronjobs? Or do I need to use a bash script for this? I prefer simple, and just using the variables directly in the cron command would be easier if it works, so figured I'd ask first...

I'm trying to schedule a dump of my databases like so:

pg_dumpall --username=username -o -f /home/user/mypg_backups/hourly/\%y/\%m/\%d/\%t.sql.gz

But trying to run this command fails with:

pg_dumpall: could not open the output file "/home/user/mypg_backups/hourly/%y/%m/%d/%t.sql.gz": No such file or directory

Tried escaping the variables and not, same error...