Philip Webb schreef:

>>> I've installed kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 & find Gkrellm doesn't
>>> show sensors. There's no problem with 2.6.9-gentoo-r1 . The same
>>> modules are being installed & removed at each (re)boot. There is
>>> a recent thread on the forum which reported that removing ACPI
>>> from the kernel config options solved the problem, but I've just
>>> done that & it made no difference. Has anyone else encountered
>>> this problem or have any advice ?
>>
> One of the tests I've thought of to probe what's going on is to
> emerge Lm_sensors & see if I can get readings via CLI , which would
> show whether the problem is in Gkrellm2 or somewhere in the
> kernel/sensor interface.
>
> I suspect it's a bug in Gkrellm2 , so bug searches may also help.
> However, it could be the effect of some new kernel config option.
>
> But again -- and may thread-hijackers roast in hell -- , has anyone
> else had this problem using Kernel 2.6.10/11/12 + Gkrellm2 ?

My answer is still 'no problems here'; I am also using GKrellm2, and
while I didn't know
it had its own sensors, they work fine ( temperature, fan, thermal, hdd,
and voltage. I had turned them off because I replaced them with conky,
but turning them back on, there they are.

This is with 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 and gkrellm-2.2.7; I've just compiled
2.6.12-gentoo-r10, if the situation changes, I'll let you know :).

Holly