On 29 June 2013, at 09:16, Zind wrote:

>       After I made the LiveUSB, disabling the UEFI boot, I finally boot into
> the Gentoo kernel. But I could not connect to the network. ...
>
>       After several times of STFW, I can confirm it's a network adapter
> driver support issue: lacks of coresponding network adapter drivers.
>       For the AR8161 network adapter, it requires the alx kernal module:
> alx.ko.

If I'm understanding correctly, that it's the LiveCD that can't connect to the
network (rather than the installed system) then there are various ways to work
around this.

Two alternatives that spring to mind are:

1. Many USB network adaptors are supported by LiveCDs, try one of those. Some
wired USB ethernet are available new for as little as $10 or so, or you could
probably find a secondhand wifi 802.11b or g adaptor that cheap. Or borrow one,
or something.

2. For each emerge command in the installation guide, run `emerge -fp
package-name` first, and redirect the output into a textfile. Then copy this
textfile onto a USB key, take it to another machine with working internet
access, use `wget -i file` to download the packages and then transfer them back
to the machine on which you're installing Gentoo.

Stroller.