On 9/2/05, John Dangler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
how can I setup my laptop to connect to apps like phpmyadmin on the local
fileserver?
both are running gentoo 2.6.12-r9 .
vfs is setup and running, but when I try to connect from the laptop to the
fileserver on other apps like
phpmyadmin, I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
127.0.0.1"
I'm using http://192.168.1.10/phpmyadmin in the browser, so it would appear
as though the message is saying it's trying to connect to 'localhost'.

I can't verify this at the moment as I'm not within reach of my network but I do believe that you have a misconfiguration in either MyAdmin or MySQL. Check your my.cnf first and make sure that the line skip-networking is commented out.

BTW... By localhost it is most likely the server referring to itself not your computer trying to connect back to itself.

-Mike
Michael E. Crute
Software Developer
SoftGroup Development Corporation

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"