Lately I have been doing a lot of traveling and at the moment I don't have a laptop. Needless to say I run into a lot of crappy computers (aka computers running Windoze). I typically carry a SLAX cd to remedy the problem but the downside is I can't save my files unless I additionally carry around a thumbdrive. I was wondering if anyone has been able to install Gentoo on a thumbdrive. I assume it could be treated like a regular hard drive, correct? How about hardware detection? If I use genkernel to make my kernel would it detect all (or most) of the hardware on a wide variety of computers? Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, potential pitfalls would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"