On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:35:52 +0200, András Csányi wrote:

> When I sad that to read the ebuild is not user friendly I thought of
> that it should be a better solution to get post install message than
> open the ebuild and read it. The elogv is fine for me.

Elogv is a log viewer, you specifically stated that you did not wish to
read the log files, hence the "read the ebuild" suggestion.

Although I have portage save the logs, I rarely look at them because I
also have it mail them to me. That way they are easy to read and hard to
ignore.

--
Neil Bothwick

Having children will turn you into your parents.