On 2013-07-22 6:08 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wonder why you didn't have dbus installed.

I don't have dbus installed either, but I'm still on the old udev.

I've been planning on updating it this weekend (so I'll have time to deal with any issues), but when I do an emerge -pvuDN world, dbus is NOT in the list of things to install.

So, since you didn't actually answer his question, I'll ask it again...

Is dbus actually *required* for even a server system? Is this requirement only for the new udev? If so, why is it not getting pulled in on my system? And if so, why is my system working now without it?