James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Well, an intel based portable with a radeon 9000 was working fine
> with a 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 kernel until this morning. X(kdm) would
> not start. I logged in (console) and entered 'startx' and got something
> very strange:

Well, I've  got xorg starting upon boot up, but, I not very
satisfied with the fix. Here's what I did to fix xorg.conf

#j    Load        "type1"
#j    Load        "speedo"
#j    Load        "freetype"
    Load        "Type1"
    Load        "Speedo"

#   Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
   Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mouse0"

I not sure what newly emerge package(s) or what could
have necessitated this modifications.

Any other suggestions on the fonts section of the xorg.conf
and fonts to emerge would be appreciated, as I do
not support very many font types...

Any ideas?

James