Trying to migrate from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I have installed Gentoo,
profile AMD64 13.0 desktop gnome.

Everything so far works as expected except for Internet browsers and
GNOME applets that should connect to the Internet.

More exactly, Internet browsers (I have tried Firefox and Links) can
connect to the WWW if I type the IP address as,
for example, 173.194.71.104 but cannot if I type www.google.com

And this is strange because the host utility works as expected
(converting www.google.com into 173.194.71.104) just adding the
following "Warning: query response not set."

The ifconfig utility shows that instead of eth0 I have somewhat
strange enp2s15 but I have played with this and found no difference
after forcing udev to name it eth0.

Installing Gentoo, I closely followed the instructions from Gentoo
Linux AMD64 Handbook
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?full=1).

The contents of my /etc/conf.d/net file is like this:
hostname="myhostname"
dns_domain_lo="mynetwork"
config_enp2s15="192.168.0.9 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255"
routes_enp2s15="default via <my_rooter_local_network_IP>"
dns_servers_enp2s15="<my_rooter_local_network_IP>
<my_provider_DNS_server_IP> <another_DNS_server_IP>"

The contents of my /etc/resolv.conf is like this:
nameserver <my_rooter_local_network_IP>
nameserver <my_provider_DNS_server_IP>
nameserver <another_DNS_server_IP>

The relevant part of /var/log/rc.log is like this:
* Bringing up interface enp2s15
* Skipping module adsl due to missing program: /usr/sbin/adsl-start
/usr/sbin/pppoe-start
* Skipping module br2684ctl due to missing program: br2684ctl
* Skipping module tuntap due to missing program: ip openvpn tunctl
* Skipping module bridge due to missing program: brctl
* Skipping module clip due to missing program: /usr/sbin/atmsigd
* Skipping module ethtool due to missing program: ethtool
* Skipping module macvlan due to missing program: ip
* Skipping module netplugd due to missing program: /sbin/netplugd
* Skipping module ifplugd due to missing program: /usr/sbin/ifplugd
* Skipping module ipppd due to missing program: /usr/sbin/ipppd
* Skipping module iwconfig due to missing program: /sbin/iwconfig
* Skipping module iproute2 due to missing program: ip
* Skipping module firewalld due to missing program: firewall-cmd
* Skipping module pppd due to missing program: /usr/sbin/pppd
* Skipping module vlan due to missing program: ip
* Skipping module dhclient due to missing program: /sbin/dhclient
* Skipping module pump due to missing program: /sbin/pump
* Skipping module ip6rd due to missing program: ip
* Skipping module ip6to4 due to missing program: ip
* Loaded modules: apipa arping bonding ccwgroup macchanger macnet
wpa_supplicant ssidnet ifconfig system dhcpcd
* Configuring enp2s15 for MAC address <my_ethernet_card_mac_address> ...
[ ok ]
* 192.168.0.9 ...
[ ok ]
* Adding routes
* default via <my_rooter_local_network_IP> ...

Remark: My router works ok for the Ubuntu installation on the same computer.

 Networking options of my kernel is as follows:

CONFIG_PACKET=y
CONFIG_PACKET_DIAG=y
CONFIG_UNIX=y
CONFIG_UNIX_DIAG=y
CONFIG_XFRM=y
CONFIG_XFRM_ALGO=y
CONFIG_XFRM_USER=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_INET_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_LRO=y
CONFIG_INET_DIAG=y
CONFIG_INET_TCP_DIAG=y
CONFIG_INET_UDP_DIAG=y
CONFIG_TCP_CONG_ADVANCED=y
CONFIG_TCP_CONG_CUBIC=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_CUBIC=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_TCP_CONG="cubic"
CONFIG_TCP_MD5SIG=y
CONFIG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_INET6_AH=y
CONFIG_INET6_ESP=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_BEET=y
CONFIG_IPV6_SIT=y
CONFIG_IPV6_NDISC_NODETYPE=y
CONFIG_NETWORK_SECMARK=y
CONFIG_HAVE_NET_DSA=y
CONFIG_DNS_RESOLVER=y
CONFIG_RPS=y
CONFIG_RFS_ACCEL=y
CONFIG_XPS=y
CONFIG_BQL=y

where all options that are "not set" has been deleted for brevity.

I have also tried to use dhcpd instead of static IP but it did not help.

Currently, I have completely exhausted all my creativity trying to
figure out how to make my WWW browsers to work properly. Please, help!