On Tue, Aug 06 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:

> that's only because gnome 3.8 hasn't been stabilized yet. as in, there
> are no plans in keeping gnome 2.x available after gnome 3.8
> stabilization.

Am I correct in believing that gnome-3.8 (whether in testing as now, or
stable later) requires init=systemd?  I am converting an old ~amd64
machine to systemd for practice so that I can convert my main laptop
(also ~amd64) to systemd.  The purpose of the conversions is to run
gnome-3.8 and higher.  I have other machines running stable.  Will I
need to convert them to systemd when gnome-3.8 becomes stable and if so
will the systemd wiki be expanded.

thanks,
allan