On 2013-08-09 8:24 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 07:12:50 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:

I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to
eudev.

emerge -Ca udev
emerge -1a eudev

Two last questions (first one never got answered, and I'm doing this in
the morning)...

Do I not have to

emerge -Ca virtual/udev

too?

No, the virtual is always needed, eudev satisfies it. but you do need to
make sure your USE settings for eudev and virtual/udev match.

Ok... so, as long as I don't have anything for either of them in package.use, I'm ok?

Or - *should* I have anything for them in package.use? The only thing I have in there that I think is in any way related to udev (based on memory about an issue with it that was related to udev when doing an update a while back) is:

sys-apps/kmod tools

But nothing for either sys-fs/udev or virtual/udev...

Thanks Neil