Something odd is going on with my floppy drive, maybe it's just a
hardware problem?  In the first example you will see that I can format a
floppy, mount it, but then I can not copy any files to it.

---------------------------------------------example----------------
Sun Sep 04 09:02:16
/home/skippi
 root $  mke2fs /dev/fd0
mke2fs 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=1024 (log=0)
Fragment size=1024 (log=0)
184 inodes, 1440 blocks
72 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=1
1 block group
8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group
184 inodes per group

Writing inode tables: done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 24 mounts or
180 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

Sun Sep 04 09:03:18
/home/skippi
 root $  mkdir /floppy

Sun Sep 04 09:03:40
/home/skippi
 root $  mount /dev/fd0 /floppy

Sun Sep 04 09:03:56
/home/skippi
 root $  mkdir -p /floppy/boot/grub
mkdir: cannot create directory `/floppy/boot': Input/output error

now here, I mount my GRUB floppy, which has files on it, since I used
this to boot my computer, yet I can't actually see any of the files.

--------------------------------another example--------------
Sun Sep 04 09:08:06
/home/skippi
 root $  mount /mnt/floppy/

Sun Sep 04 09:08:26
/home/skippi
 root $  df
/dev/hde7             11718996   6638084   5080912  57% /
/dev/hde9            266180800 232401964  33778836  88% /home
/dev/fd0                  1412       158      1182 12% /mnt/floppy

Sun Sep 04 09:08:31
/home/skippi
 root $  cd /mnt/floppy/

Sun Sep 04 09:08:36
/mnt/floppy
 root $  ls

Sun Sep 04 09:08:46
/mnt/floppy
 root $  du
1.0K    .
1.0K    total

Sun Sep 04 09:08:59
/mnt/floppy
 root $

Simply a bad drive?  I have tried numerous floppy disk, and they can't
all be bad.  Any other ideas for troubleshooting?

Thank you very much.
Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls