On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at>wrote:

> Am 26.08.2013 18:14, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
>
> > Well... with a ZFS-backed storage, when you want to create a new VM, all
> > you have to do is `zfs clone` ;-)
>
> Yes, I see those possibilities ;-)
>
> That system will run rather important stuff ... so I have to be rather
> careful. But the bit-rot-prevention/checksumming-features are a plus in
> this perspective.
>
> Do you run such a system? How big?

I have to admit that my virtualized servers are not running on top of
ZFS-backed storage... because the company already has a quite sizable EMC
VNX storage, and it's a shame to not use that behemoth... ;-)

At the moment, the ZFS-backed storage is used to store our email archive
system (using MailArchiva), and with more than 15'000 emails per day, it
has been performing flawlessly.

That said, when I was hunting around for information on ZFS before taking
the plunge, a *lot* of discussion revolves around using ZFS as the storage
back-end for virtualization, be it using KVM or VMware.

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan
* ~ IT Optimizer ~**