On 10.09.2013 19:14, Wang Xuerui wrote:
2013/9/10 东方巽雷 <dongfangxun...@gmail.com>:
I format my hard disk to gpt.Then create a 1M partition at the header of
hard disk ,add "bios_grub" flag.I can install and boot gentoo,debain and
archlinux,but have no idea how to boot windows7 and 8.When I boot win7 or
win8 from usb,it always complain the gpt partition and cannot install.What
should I do?

It's impossible to install Windows into a GPT partition if the
firmware isn't EFI. This is a limitation artificially set by
Microsoft; here's Microsoft's FAQ on this.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463525.aspx

Well, actually it *is* possible using "hybrid" MBR+GPT partitioning.

http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html

Also google for 'hybrid mbr'.

I am using this setup for multibooting several OS incl. Win 7 without problems for a couple of years.

In this case, you must either revert to an msdos partition table (can
be done w/o data loss IIRC), or trick Windows into believing it's
running on EFI, i.e. set up UEFI DUET. Google that and you'll find an
excellent HOWTO on this. Happy hacking~

An interesting idea, yet, probably, a little more complicated than hybrid MBR for the sole purpose of multibooting.

--
Best wishes,
Yuri K. Shatroff