On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 12.09.2013 18:22, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
>
>> Really, whomever is recommending to set CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH is
>> probably wrong. I can't find *one* place where it is recommended, and
>> several where they explicitly say to leave the option in blank.
>
> So ... I agree with this.
>
> What to do about the initial problem then?
>
> With openrc lvcreate is no problem, with systemd it is ... (for me, on 2
> machines).

Stefan, what initramfs are you using?

I don't have much experience with LVM; I just installed a Qemu virtual
machine with it, and it gave me no problems. But it was a dead simple
setup.

Your setup, however, seems to be rather complicated: you have LVM,
LUKS and (if I remember correctly) software RAID?

In my virtual machine I didn't had to do anything. There are no
services for LVM, and there are no scripts doing nothing LVM related.
There are a couple of udev rules, which I never touched, and systemd
together with that seems to handle everything by itself. I have
everything in LVM, including / and /boot (which is inside /).

Could you please explain how is exactly your layout? From drives to
partitions to PVs, VGs and LVs? And throw in there also the LUKS and
RAID (if used) setup. I will try to replicate that in a VM. Next week,
since we have a holiday weekend coming.

When I installed my LVM setup, I was surprised to find how easy it
was. The only problem I got was to install GRUB2 in /dev/vda, and even
that wasn't that difficult, and only qemu related. So perhaps the
problem is *moving* LVM machines to systemd, with the cruft from
previous OpenRC installations. Perhaps you don't need to *add*
anything, but to *remove* things that are not necessary anymore since
systemd+dracut handles everything.

Please explain to me your drive layout, so I can try to replicate it.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México