On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:12:06PM +0400, the wrote:
> On 09/25/13 16:42, Bruce Hill wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 01:40:41PM +0400, the wrote:
> >>
> >> emerge reminder to use dispatch-conf after autounmask
> >> disappeared. want it back
> >
> > autounmask should disappear. It's a bad idea, because it *creates*
> > single version (=) unmasked packages that later *require*
> > intervention. Every day in #gentoo we see people who can't resolve
> > dep issues because of autounmask.
> >

> So should it be patched or removed?

That's your choice...removal is my opinion. I used it only once a couple years
ago and lived to regret the mess it made...ymmv. If there was a reminder to
use dispatch-conf and it's been removed, then file a bug report against that
software if you want it back.
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \