On 2013-10-14 2:52 PM, Martin Vaeth <va...@mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
Like passwords, these sequences should better not stay the same for
too long...

Forced changing of passwords

I agreee: To do this to protect *other* users will not work.
It's a different thing if you use it for protection of your own data...

True to an extent... but only if the frequency of changing the password doesn't result in you doing something dumb to help you remember the current password of the day - like writing it on a post-it and sticking it underneath the keyboard... ;)

One of many reasons why I use a password manager (I prefer the Passwordmaker firefox extension, even with all it warts - it only stores settings, not the passwords themselves)...

But there are still only a couple of (critical) passwords I change frequently (what I call frequently - every 3-6 months or more)...