Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 05:33:34AM -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I still need to check into some things. The edges of the
>> screen on my TV is cut off.  It's not much but just enough that it
>> will cause issues if I try to do some things on the TV.
>
> I have the very same thing with a very old Radeon X200SE in an old PC
> that I got from a company write-off.
> Video ouput (via VGA) was skewed to one side, so I called the monitor’s
> auto-adjust to compensate. Then I installed Windows for some gaming and
> lo, this time the output was skewed to the other side. So the monitor
> was alright, instead the card was misconfigured. While the graphics
> driver for Windows has a neat graphical tool to configure this offset, I
> (currently) don't know of an equivalent in Linux country.

Mine isn't skewed to one side, it's just a fraction to large.  It seems
to be cut off by a few pixels all the way around.  Watching a movie tho,
no problem.  Using it for a puter monitor tho, slight issue.  To give a
bit of a idea, about 1/3 of the clock on the little panel thing at the
bottom is cut off.  The little K menu thing is missing about the same on
both bottom and left side.  You can see it but it just isn't all there
like on my puter monitor.

Since I don't really plan to use it for a monitor, it's no biggie.  I
figure it could be that they just put to much plastic around the display
itself.  Sort of covered up to much of the screen.

For now, it'll work fine tho.  I may figure on it some but not going to
worry about it to much.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!