Hello,
I have been searching the web for help on this but no luck.
I have just upgraded from grub legacy to grub2. Followed the gentoo docs
and grub2 will not boot. It hangs in the beginning with the messages:

Here is the section I try to run on my grub.conf

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 dolvm
initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-3.10.17-gentoo

I used genkernel to create the initramfs using the options: --lvm
--disklabel --firmware --no-ramdisk-modules. The system booted using the
old grub legacy.

I would be also interested in information on how to completely wipe out
grub2 from my system and go back to grub legacy.

Thank you for your help.

--
Valmor