On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:28:55 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > Uncomment this line in /etc/default/grub
> >
> > #GRUB_TERMINAL=console
>
> Thanks, but I'm using a manually written grub.cfg, so I need to find
> out what that definition translates to. I'm searching now...

Just run grob-mkconfig with and without that set and diff the output.
Apart from the actual menu entries, most of the grub configuration is
done at the top of grub.cfg, so it is easy to modify this to suit your
needs.

Personally, I prefer to use grub-mkconfig combined with manually written
entries in /etc/grub.d.

--
Neil Bothwick

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.