On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:24:05 -0500, Tanstaafl
<tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ok, before I go and open up a bug requesting this...
>
> I know there have to be a lot of people on this list who can answer
> this question...
>
> Is making the use of systemd or not based on a selected Profile, as
> opposed to manually trying to do it via USE flags etc, a practical
> request, or not?

How is this different from the status quo? There are several systemd
profiles available that make use of the files
in /usr/portage/profiles/targets/systemd/ to make the proper package
settings for using systemd on gentoo. AFAIU, a user should only need to
switch the profile, install and configure systemd itself and configure
their bootloader to start using systemd.

--
eroen