On Tue, Feb 18 2014, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebre...@piing.fr> wrote:
>> The 17/02/14, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>>
>>> It depends; right now you can't switch back and forth between OpenRC
>>> and systemd without reemerging some stuff.
>>
>> Interesting. Didn't know that. What packages need to be recompiled?
>
> Some packages need to be emerged with USE="-systemd" when going from
> systemd to OpenRC, and with USE="systemd" the other way around.
> Different code paths are selected in each case.

I think the consolekit USE flag also has to be changed.
Systemd: USE="+systemd -consolkit"
OpenRC:  USE="-systemd +consolkit"

At least that is what I did when I switched OpenRC-->Systemd (with
Canek's help).  Now I have no global USE flags, thanks to the systemd
subprofile.

newlap-wireless gottlieb # eselect profile show
Current /etc/portage/make.profile symlink:
  default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd
newlap-wireless gottlieb #

allan