On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:55:59 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> Apologies if this is off-topic here but I don't know where else to ask.
> I'm having trouble getting owncloud installed on my LAN mini-server.
> Its post-inst check complains "the WebDAV interface seems to be broken."

It works for me here.

> I found this how-to but it's getting long in the tooth:
>       http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-338668-start-0.html
> If I include all the extras under <IfModule mod_dav.c> I get permission
> refused to run post-inst-check, even if I comment out the <Limit>
> block.        I did do the parts about /var/dav, /var/lib/dav and
> htpasswd.

I didn't need to do any of that.

> I've added DAV and DAV_FS to APACHE2_OPTS in /etc/conf.d/apache2, but
> when I restart apache no DAV module is listed in the output from
> apache2 -M.

Do you have the modules installed? Here APACHE_MODULES contains "dav
dav_fs dav_lock" and /etc/conf.d/apache2 has only one line

APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D SSL -D SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -D LANGUAGE
-D SUEXEC -D PHP5 -D PHP -D DAV

--
Neil Bothwick

Stupid user error. Terminate user (Y/n) ?