I have a Compaq Proliant 3000, w 6 18.2 SCSI disks I am building for a file
server for my department. I have installed an IDE HD 40gig to hold the OS so
as to reserve all the SCSI space for data. Problem is after installing twice
and messing around I find that the firmware in teh 3000's was not designed to
support IDE HD's. I can install to it, I assume it is that it just won't boot
to it. How do I build a floppy to just get the boot process tarted then look
to teh HD for kernel and os?

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Mike
--