On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:13:47 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:

> I'm willing to gues that in the OP's case the ifplugd is not setting
> the "provide net" flag correctly and/or it is setting the flag before a
> cable is actually connected.  In any case it's probably down & dirty
> with the gentoo networking scripts to figure out how to get the timing
> to work right...

Nor should it add provide net, because ifplugd running doesn't mean the
network is up. My solution would be to remove any network dependent
services from any runlevel that uses ifplugd, and start/stop them from the
postup/predown functions in /etc/conf.d/net instead.

If you wanted to get clever, you could create a new runlevel, say
network, then add "rc network" to postup() and "rc default" to predown()
instead of handling each service separately.

--
Neil Bothwick

Quark! Quark! Beware the quantum duck!