Antoine wrote:

>> This is most annoying! I have not modified anything (though have been
>> trying to install rt and some other trouble ticket systems) but it
>> seems pretty dead. A remerge did nothing.
>

> I ended up getting rid of the databases I had before (including one that
> rt tried to create) and reinitialised with the ebuild config command.
> Now I have it working... but for some reason phpmyadmin doesn't work
> anymore. It asks me for a username and password but won't accept a valid
> username.
> Cheers
> Antoine

Just curious, which version of MySQL are you using ?

Check the PhpMyAmin user and password into the config.inc.php file.
Either change them to something that suit your needs or recreate the
user following these instructions:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/adding-users.html

If you still have a copy of your old databases and you stick with myisam
tables
Try to:
- stop mysql (check it with "ps fax" after)
- copy the old /var/lib/mysql/mysql dir into /var/lib/mysql/mysqlold
- copy the remaing databases in /var/lib/mysql/
- start mysql

Now you could play with your old tables pheraps

Good luck