On Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 17:34:54 Jarry wrote:

> 2. What distro? Right now I'm using Gentoo on all my servers
> but I'm not sure it is the best option for this puppy (Gentoo
> puts quite high demands on filesystem). If I redirect all the
> compilation work to other "mature" server (distcc/crossdev),
> can I use even Gentoo? Or is Raspbian still the better choice?

I found distcc hard work when I was installing Gentoo on my Atom box, so I
NFS-exported its package directory to a 32-bit chroot on my workstation, did
all the emerging etc. there, including building binary packages, then
emerge -k on the Atom installed the system with minimum fuss.

It's not too hard to keep the portage setup in step, once you understand what
bdeps are :-(

--
Regards
Peter