We're in the process of transitioning from 32-bit Redhat (7 I think) web/app
servers to 64-bit gentoo web/app servers.  One concern I've got is from a
security standpoint, normally you don't deploy webservers with development
tools on them.  How do you guys handle this question with internet-facing
production servers?

One thought I had was to set up a build server, build the binaries on this
server, and do an emerge of the binaries FROM this server to the production
servers, with gcc and such removed from them.  Will this work?
--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department