Am 03.05.2014 12:49, schrieb J. Roeleveld:

> Interesting.
> In your other email you mentioned you can access the LVM volumes using a
> rescue-cd.
> Are there any snapshots in there? Or did you do any recent changes to the LVs?
> I am wondering if there might be an issue with the metadata causing issues.
>
> Did you change any of the following packages recently:
> kernel
> lvm-utils
> (or any of the libs used by lvm)
>
> Did you try re-emerging lvm?

Sure. I spent the night doing this on a second box here ... same
problems ...

Kernel 3.14.2 lately ... but when I chose an older one from grub2 it
leads to the same waiting system.

to explain a bit more:

the desktop here boots from an SSD, no RAID or LVM for the main OS.

The VGs/LVs are on mdadm-mirrors and contain data only, nothing crucial
for booting.

Many moving parts: dracut, kernel, lvm2, mdadm(?), systemd ...

I worked with exactly this box around 10hrs ago and it booted fine then.
I will check genlop what I upgraded at night ...

Got to eat now and take a rest ... I "love" to fix issues on a saturday
:-P  *sigh*

Thanks, Stefan