On Saturday 10 September 2005 20:09, Frank Schafer wrote:
> ... or which distribution to install during less than 4 days?
>
> Hi list,
>
> as I wrote yesterday I planned to complete installation after work
> (started ``emerge --emptytree system'' in the morning).

where did you get the idea that --emptytree is needed or even a wise decision?
--emptytree is almost NEVER needed and since it is a troublesom procedure, it
should not be made, until you are totally sure, that you need it.

emerge system

is all you need to do, to get the base system.
After that, emerge what you like to have, but NEVER use --emptytree, except
when you are able to deal with the consequences.

Obviously you are not, so do not do it.
NO

was that clear enough?

For your gcc-problem, there is the fix script, others mentioned - but a lot of
times all that is needed is to run gcc-config to set the correct gcc.