Am 03.05.2014 21:53, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

>> As per the bug you posted, can you show us the contents of your
>> initramfs, to check that the LVM binaries are included? And confirm
>> that the binaries are the same as in your normal system?
>
> Hm, yes ... I was a bit faster and already applied that patch ... and
> had a successful boot with activated and mounted LVs ... currently
> rebuilding some gdm/gnome-shell .... etc
>
> I will reboot without all the debug-stuff for testing ... and then maybe
> remove the patch and test 3.14.x
>
> ... and I will get a beer now. This is gentoo-testers, not gentoo-users
> here :-P

Back again, booted successfully ... with latest gentoo-sources, systemd,
dracut, lvm2 ... and the mentioned patch.

If you check the link there is already a small discussion started ... it
is 10pm here and I am happy and tired after this day of fighting and
booting ... :-)

-- so I will skip testing the removal of the patch for now, if you allow ;-)

So I got some decent cleanup today ... removed one of the RAID-arrays
(obsolete/unused), redid my fstab completely and modified the whole
dracut/grub2/kerninst-setup ... phew!

So my lvm2-lines aren't "kinda old" anymore, see fstab down there for
checks ...

I wonder if I should keep or remove the option
"comment=systemd.automount" ? I thought it would help to start up faster
while the non-important (in terms of boot-process) filesystems get
fscked and mounted in background. Something to test tomorrow ;-)

LABEL=ROOT      /               ext4 noatime,comment=systemd.automount       0 1

/dev/disk/by-uuid/10ccf5a2-0a37-42a6-886a-146e01cab301  none            swap
defaults        0 0

tmpfs                   /dev/shm        tmpfs           nodev,nosuid,noexec
0 0

tmpfs   /tmp                    tmpfs   mode=1777       0 0
tmpfs   /var/tmp/portage        tmpfs   size=8000m,mode=1777    0 0

/dev/cdrw               /media/cdrecorder       auto
user,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

LABEL=HOME /home           ext4 noatime,user_xattr 0 2

LABEL=distfiles /usr/portage/distfiles  xfs
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=dropbox   /mnt/dropbox            ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=gentoo32  /mnt/gentoo32           ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=media     /mnt/media              ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=music     /mnt/music              ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=platz     /mnt/platz              ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2
LABEL=oopsfiles /mnt/oopsfiles          ext4
noatime,comment=systemd.automount 0 2

Thanks to all of you who responded and helped along this odyssey ;-) ...
I will check back for open ends in this thread and reply some missing
parts later (next days).

Looking forward to how these bugs develop ...

Greetings, best regards, Stefan