Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:22 AM,  <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> > Hi.  I have been trying to get systemd to boot, but I have run into
> > several problems and need some help.  I am using everything but /boot as
> > lvm's, with a separate user partition.  I had to copy systemd to /sbin
> > because the initrd looks for the realinit too soon, but that is maybe
> > another matter.
>
> Moving systemd to /sbin sounds like it's not going to work. Run
> readelf -d /usr/lib/systemd/systemd; all the NEEDED libraries on
> /usr/lib should be available to the binary at the time it's being
> executed.

How can I do this, genkernel looks for its init before it mounts /usr
and genkernel-next will not mount the separate /usr at all.  My latest
initrd is from the very latest genkernel.

But how to get a complete history of systemd actions in the order that
they are done, I thought the confirm_spawn would do this for me -- at
least for my initial debugging.

> How did you get your initramfs? dracut? genkernel? Roll your own?
>
> > I had set confirm_spawn=y in the kernel command line, but it only waits
> > a short time and then says assuming positive response and tries to
> > continue -- how can I get it to wait for me?  Also, even so, it died on
> > mounting of my lvms, saying there was some kind of timeout and came to a
> > complete halt (maybe it was a shell, but no prompt) after all those
> > failed, so I could do nothing much.  Openrc works fine, but I was trying
> > to get gnome to work, so I was trying to use systemd.
> >
> > It saved no logs (none I can find), but then again /var was not mounted.
> >
> > Any help with this would be appreciated.
>
> I use dracut for my initramfs; I would recommend you to try it.
> However, last time I tried to use it with LVM (a few days ago), the
> last version (037) failed, but 036-r4 worked perfectly.
>
> Regards.
> --
> Canek Peláez Valdés
> Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici