Hello everybody,

After emerge --deep --update world I compiled and
installed the new kernel, 2.6.12-gentoo-r10, then I
noticed that no matter when I boot the system, date
always starts marking time at 6:00 AM, although it
gets the date and zone right. No matter what time
string I give to date(as root), after a re-boot it
alway replies with 6AM plus whatever time has elapsed
since the original boot. FWIW rtc support is compiled
as a module and is *not* currently loaded. Also, the
BIOS clk is correct.

-mw