On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 18:11:11 -0400
cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > john <jdm <at> jdm.myzen.co.uk> writes:
> >

> > > lxqt is up and running in Gentoo. It's listed in packages.
> > > The only problem I had was emerging lxqt-panel but just had to
> > > change a
> > use flag of lxqt-panel from
> > > quicklauch to
> > > -quicklaunch and it emerged. No problems with anything else and
> > > desktop is good.
> >

> > Wow! Did you do a fresh install or convert from lxde?
> > If yuo converted, do you like it better? Was the conversion
> > easy?  Does your usb device auto-discovery/mount thingie work?
> >

> > Did you use the lxqt-meta package?
> >
> > got a list of files/configs you have to customize?
> > useful docs or a wiki?   I'm still fairly new to the
> > whole lx** thing... But I love the light resource footprint!
> >
> > Maybe I should put it on a non-essential machine first?
> >
> > your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.....
>
> When I tried to emerge lx-qt-neta, it only wanted to emerge qt4
> packages, even though I said use=qt5, how can I get it to emerge qt5
> as well, or are they mutually exclusive?

I "emerge -vp lxqt-meta" and it gave me an output of masked packages
which I populated /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords

eg
=lxqt-base/lxqt-panel-0.7.0-r1 ~amd64
etc

Then emerge "emerge lxqt-meta" again.

It only depends on qt4 packages though. Not sure about qt5 as I believe
this is not available in standard packages yet. I can only see qt
versions 4.8.5 in portage.

Perhaps the use flag is for future functionality. Or you may need to
use an overlay to get qt5.

I did not use lxde before but razor. Its very similar to this.

--
John D Maunder