On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/06/2014 00:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 23:01:20 +0200, Marc Stürmer wrote:
>>
>>> Even Linus Torvalds himself ranted about the attitude of systemd's
>>> developers at the beginning of May this year.
>>
>> Linus rants about everything and everyone, usually at least twice, once
>> for and once against. It proves nothing beyond Linus is still Linus.
>>

> He *did* rant about Gnome not giving him choices about middle clicking
> on the window frame and rejecting his patch to do that, so he switched
> to KDE.
>
> Then he ranted about KDE giving the users too much choice with weird
> config dialogues and not getting their shit together to fix actual bugs,
> so he switched to Gnome.
>
> I eagerly anticipate Linus' switch to E17. Oops sorry, make that E19.
>
> So Linus is still Linus? Yep, that's how I see it too.

At some point, someone is going to ask Linus point blank what does he
think about systemd. I would not be surprised if he says it's a great
idea. I would neither be surprised if he says it's a terrible idea.

And then some weeks/months/years later, he *will* say the opposite.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias