On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 06 Jun 2014 00:15:02 Peter Humphrey wrote:
>>
>> I bet you have quite a lot of systemd components lurking in the background
>> though, ready to take over the world the next time you aren't looking :-)
>
> Ha! I can already see this one:
>
>   338 ?        Ss     0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-udevd --daemon
>
> I have set USE="-systemd", but if/when Gentoo migrates to systemd as the
> default startup I will probably have to remove it and then learn how to use
> systemd.

That would be udev.  It has been around long before systemd, and you
must have missed the huge flamewar when they renamed it to
systemd-udevd.  Maybe we'll see "java" renamed to
"java-by-oracle-with-ask-toolbar" next.  :)

If you ever migrate to systemd you really just need to set USE=systemd
and install systemd.  Portage will swap out your udev in the process,
though nothing there will really change as systemd and udev install
the same udev components.  There is a guide for installing systemd
that you should follow which gets into all the details.

Rich