On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
> On 6/14/2014 2:15 PM, Tom H <tomh0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Thanks - a half hour of googling didn't find this.
>

>> 03 Apr 2014; Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org>
>> udev-212-r1.ebuild, udev-9999.ebuild:
>> Punt USE="openrc" and always pull in sys-fs/udev-init-scripts to match
>> behavior of sys-apps/systemd's ebuild.
>

> Which means... what exactly?
>
> The only way I can make sense of your reply is...
>
> It means the only purpose of the openrc USE flag prio to this change was to
> pull in udev-init-scripts?
>
> See what I mean? How am I supposed to know that?

It means that openrc users should strongly consider migrate to eudev.
I use eudev since its beta and never had any issue, nor systemd
leaking into my system. And in addition add the following at
make.conf, as it seems that we are enforced to have files we never
use.

INSTALL_MASK="/lib/systemd /lib32/systemd /lib64/systemd
/usr/lib/systemd /usr/lib32/systemd /usr/lib64/systemd /etc/systemd"